Rwanda’s Insurer of First Choice
The Sonarwa Fire Insurance policy is suitable for the owners of property, one who holds property in trust or in commission, and individuals/financial institutions who have financial interest in the property. All immovable and movable property located at a particular premises such as buildings, plant and machinery, furniture, fixtures, fittings and other contents, stocks and stock in process along with goods held in trust or in commission including stocks at suppliers/customer’s premises, machinery temporarily removed from the premises for repairs, can be insured.
Along with the basic coverage against loss or damage occasioned by fire, the Sonarwa Standard Fire and Special Perils policy provides protection from a host of other perils such as :
• Aircraft and articles dropped from there
• Impact damage due to rail/road or animal
• Riot strike, malicious and terrorism damage
• Subsidence and Land slide (including rockslide)
• Natural disasters include storms, cyclones, typhoons, tempest, hurricanes, tornado, floods and inundation
• Damage caused by sprinkler leakage, overflow, leakage of water tanks, pipes etc
The policy may be extended to cover earth quake, additional expenditure involved in removal of debris, architect, consulting engineers’ fees, forest fire, spontaneous combustion and impact damage due to own vehicles.
• In case of a partial loss, SONARWA shall effect payment for repairs and replacement
• In case of policy with reinstatement value clause, cost of reinstatement will be paid by SONARWA on completion of reinstatement subject to overall limit of the sum insured
• Sonarwa may on its own, also repair or replace the affected property instead of paying for the cost of restoration
• Premium rating depends on the type of occupancy i.e. industrial or otherwise
• All property located in an industrial complex will be charged one rate depending on the product(s) being made on the premises
• Facilities outside industrial complexes will be rated depending on the nature of occupancy at individual location
• Storage areas will be rated based on the hazardous nature of goods stored
• Additional premium is charged to include "Add On" covers
• Discount in premium is given based on past claims history and fire protection facilities provided at the premises as well as long term contract
• Policies can also be issued on declaration basis where the stock undergo wide fluctuation in value
Completed SONARWA Fire Policy proposal form giving all the details of the property proposed for insurance along with their values, the basis of valuation and the additional covers required should be provided.